Developing a clear company brand, identity, and a company persona is essential if your website is to convert website users to paying customers, and attract new customers too. To do this, your content and language style will be important, as well as any visual features. Many brands are beginning to use illustration as a way to visually brand their company, so that it will be easy to recognize. But what are the advantages of this, and what should you consider when using illustration for website branding? Well, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design professionals. From Wigan to Southport, we work with companies across Manchester and the surrounding region to deliver high quality web design solutions that really get results. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about illustration and company branding.
Using illustration for website branding
Illustration is a great option for developing a company brand. Illustration is completely unique, and personal to your company, and this means that it can clearly define the values at the core of your business or company, as well as your aims and goals. But there are some things to consider if you want to use illustration effectively. These include:
- Above the fold content- if establishing a clear brand is your main aim right now, you should consider using illustration as the centre visual feature above the fold. This will be sure to grab attention, and also provide a more personal approach to your website. Your website users won’t be able to miss the clear branding on show.
- Choose a style- the main thing about using illustration as part of your company branding is to choose an illustration style that suits your company. Bold and bright illustrations are great for companies that are vibrant, fast paced, and quirky. But subtle, simple line illustrations can be much better for serious, reliable and more solemn company personas.
- Colours- colours are just as important for company branding as your company logo. The colour scheme for your illustrations should fit in with your colour scheme for your company, using the same or similar colours. This helps to form a strong brand identity.
Advantages of illustration for website branding
If you get your illustration just right, you could see a range of benefits from using this design style or feature. In fact, there are several advantages, including:
- Personality- illustration is completely different to professional imagery or any other type of visual feature. Illustration will be designed specifically for your company, and specifically for your needs. This means that it adds true personality to your website, as well as being a truly unique visual feature.
- Consistency- when you use illustration, you should use it consistently with the same colours, and the same style, throughout your website. It’s this consistency that helps present your brand as reliable and trustworthy. And this is an essential part of increasing sales and sign ups, and increasing company profits.
For more information or advice about professional web design solutions for your company, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.