Here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design experts, and we provide high quality, effective, web design solutions for a range of local companies and businesses across Manchester, and the surrounding area. This includes Blackburn and Stockport. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about using off centre above the fold content in web design.
What are the advantages of using off centre above the fold content in web design?
There are a number of advantages and benefits to using above the fold content that is not centred. These advantages include:
- Directing attention- the human eye has evolved to perceive very small details, without us even being conscious of the fact. This includes sizes, and positioning. As a result, positioning content even just slightly off centre above the fold can be a great way to direct attention to this instantly, as soon as the web page loads. For a more bold effect, making this positioning more deliberately off centre can be more noticeable as a clear design decision, which also grabs the attention of your potential customers and clients. Either way, this can be more visually effectively than simply centreing all of your content in the above the fold position.
- Making a statement- As outlined above, content that is just slightly to one side is more likely to be noticed by your audience. You can use this to your advantage, and use this content in particular to make a statement about your company, or your products or services. This can help your message be more memorable.
- Driving conversions– above the fold call to action buttons that are off centre can be a great way to increase the click throughs from here. This is because the eye is naturally drawn to the off centre element and as a result, your website users will be unable to skim past without acknowledging the call to action button. And this makes it more likely for your potential customers or clients to become paying customers or clients.
Different options for off centre above the fold content
So, what are the most effective design options for using this off centre technique? Well, there are a number of options you can consider. These include:
- Using off centre typography- typography above the fold is all about being bold and powerful to captivate your website users. Why not position this, or part of it, off centre for a bigger impact?
- Choosing imagery with an off centre focus- imagery and photography used above the fold can be a great way to attract attention and emphasize your company branding. As part of this, you could choose imagery with a focal point or key feature that is off centre.
- Using an off centre call to action button- as outlined above, an off centre call to action button can be sure to secure attention and clicks. Make sure you pair this placement with great colour choices as well as a good use of language,
For more information about effective web design, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester. We are Manchester’s leading web design experts.