Social media is something that every company should be using to reach a new audience, and increase brand awareness. But your social media should also be part of your web design too. But integrating social media across your website is not always easy, or straight forward. So how can you tie your website, to your social media, in a meaningful and interesting way? Well, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design experts. That’s why we create stunning web design solutions, for businesses and companies across the North West. This includes Southport and Wigan. As a result, we have produced this guide to using social media in web design.
Using social media in web design
So, how can you use social media as part of your web design? Well, there are a number of things you should consider, including:
- Making space for social icons- social icons that indicate which social media platforms your potential customers can check out are a great option for any company website. The presence of social media can make your website users find it easier to trust your company, as there is a level of accountability that a social media presence provides. The icons can be added to your header, and some companies also position these in the footer too, so that potential customers dont miss out.
- Facebook recommendations- have recommendations (or before the change, reviews) on your Facebook page? You can incorporate these into your web design, to help your website users make a positive decision about your company, products or services. You could position these on the product page, to really capture the attention of the audience, while they are thinking about purchasing.
- Embed an Instagram feed- the great thing about Instagram is that the content is visual. Images and video content only. So, integrating this with your website can be simple, but it can have a great effect for your website style and increase the visual content on your website. If you are planning to do this, make sure your Instagram feed is fully professional, and the images you use match the style and overall aesthetic of your website or company. The Instagram feed can be positioned in the footer of your website, or as a separate element just above the footer.
Advantages of social media in web design
Why should you mix your web design, with some social media elements? Well, there are a couple of reasons, including:
- The prevalence of mobile search- most of your website visitors will be using a mobile device to access your website. And this means that they are likely to also be using social media at the same time. As a result, any links to your company’s social media profiles will be easy to follow and easy to access, which will help your users have a more positive experience, and form a more positive opinion of your company.
- Trust- when you want to convince people to part with their money, trust is essential. And a strong, active social media presence makes it much easier for your potential customers to put their trust in you. So linking to this across your website can actually help to increase sales and sign ups.
For more information about social media and it’s role in professional web design, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.