Here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design professionals. And we work with companies and clients around Manchester, and the surrounding region, including Wigan and Southport, to provide stunning and effective web design solutions. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about split screen design and it’s effectiveness above the fold.
What are the different options when using split screen design above the fold?
When using split screen design above the fold, there are a number of effective design options to consider. These include:
- A 50:50 split- a division down the middle of the screen will create a 50:50 split and this can be very effective above the fold. This provides balance for text and image based content.
- A 75:12 split- creating a split that is not equal can add more visual interest to the above the fold content and intrigue your website users.
- Breaking the split- while using a background split can be very effective, you can also break this split with a call to action button that overlaps both sides, or even with well designed typography. This adds character to the design.
- Colours- a popular way to create the divide is to use different colurs on each side of the split screen divide. This makes the split obvious as soon as the page load and will instantly grab attention. This use of colour can be an effective way to add company branding to your above the fold content.
What are the advantages of using split screen design above the fold?
There are a number of advantages and benefits to using a split screen design above the fold. These advantages include:
- Creating something more unusual- instead of a standard hero image and text combination, a split screen above the fold can stand out and draw attention because this is something different. And you can still use stunning imagery relevant to your company, or your products or services, for maximum impact.
- More space- a split screen design can feel minimalist and well planned, with plenty of space between different elements increasing attention on the key parts of the text and the imagery. This also allows your website to feel more professional and well designed because of the thoughtful placement of the imagery and text in a split screen design.
- Increase conversions- a well designed above the fold area with a split screen design can help to increase click throughs and conversions. This is because the overall design is more visually interesting, and the call to action can attract even more attention because of this. If you opt to position the call to action breaking the mold this can be even more effective.
For more information or professional web design support, get in touch with the team today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.