Here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design experts. We work with companies and businesses across the North West, from Southport to Wigan, to deliver effective web design solutions. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about adding visual content to blogs and articles.
What are the benefits of adding visual features to blogs and articles?
There are a number of benefits and advantages to adding visual elements and design features to your website blogs and articles. These include:
- Attracting attention- blogs and articles offer text based content that can be incredibly detailed and informative. While this can help to establish your brand as a leading industry authority, it can be quite a lot for your website users, and your potential customers and clients to take in. Adding visual design elements makes a big difference to the visual appeal of the page and this can help attract attention and maintain attention too.
- Emphasising important details– visual content can be an effective way to emphasize an important point. When presented with a lot of textual information, potential customers and clients may simply skim read or scan the content for the information they are looking for. This may mean that they miss out on some important details. Visual content is instantly attention grabbing and not easy to miss. As a result, for the key information and the most important details that you want to share with your audience, you can use visual elements to draw attention to these.
- Supporting company branding- visual content is the most effective tool for emphasising company branding because the visual information including colour and design can be instantly understood.
What are the effective options for visual design for blogs and articles?
To add visual content to your website there are a number of options to consider. These include:
- Using a feature image- a feature image is an image that will be used as a header to the blog itself and this will be sure to attract attention. It will also be displayed as a thumbnail or small image on the blog index page for people to click through to load the blog.
- Visual data and stats- if your blog or article uses a number of statistics to emphasise points or data for evidence based research, displaying this visually can be a very effective option. This will allow your potential customers and clients to see the statistics clearly without missing them in the text. This can be incredibly beneficial for persuasive content and adding weight to your blog content.
- Animated content- adding animated or illustrated animated content can be very effective for blogs and articles depending on your branding.
For more information or for professional web design, get in touch with the team today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.