A hero area is one of the most important parts of any landing page, as this is what your website users will see first. There are a variety of different options for designing this space, including creating a one colour hero area. But what is this? And how could this be beneficial for your website? Well, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design experts. And we work with companies and businesses across the North West region, including Southport and Wigan to deliver high quality, effective and practical web design solutions. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about creating one colour hero areas.
What are the considerations for creating a one colour hero area?
The hero area of a website is essentially the above the fold content. This is the content that fills the entire screen, as soon as your website loads, and encourages users to scroll down, to see any further content. Video content, large hero images, or even hero sliders are a good way to use this space, as well as using a single background colour, with stunning typography. Creating a single colour hero area is quite simple, but you will need to put some thought into the design. For example:
- Choosing the right colour- different colours have different meanings. And these can also differ across cultures too. For example, the colour red in china is synonymous with good luck, while in the UK, green is thought of as a lucky colour. If your company already has a logo, and company branding, choose one of your company colours to be the prominent feature at the top of your website. If not, choose something that suits your company persona.
- Choosing the right typography- for single colour hero areas, the content is often simply a bright, bold background colour, paired with the right typography. This is usually more than enough to capture the attention of your potential customers, and make them want to know more. But it does mean that you need to choose typography that is easy to read, unusual or unique, and can be viewed on all types of devices and screen sizes. The colour of the typography will also be important, as this will need to create a contrast with the background colour, to really stand out.
What are the benefits of one colour hero areas?
So, why should you opt for this type of hero area? And are there any benefits? Well, there are several, including:
- User friendly- This type of minimalist design is a great way to make life easier for your users, as they can find what they are looking for, quickly and easily. This means that your users will have a more positive user experience, and be more likely to make a sale, or sign up for your services.
- More conversions- With no clutter on the screen, your potential customers will be more likely to notice your call to action button, and this could mean more conversions too.
- Minimalist design- This is a design style that involves removing all the unnecessary features and streamlining the above the fold content. For example, keeping only the logo, navigation bar, heading and first piece of text content. Using a one colour background here can support this design choice, and allow your website to stand out and attract attention.
For more information or advice about professional web design, get in touch with the professionals today, here at Pumpkin Web Manchester.