Here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s number one web design experts. We work across Manchester and the North West, including Blackburn and Chorley to provide the perfect web design solutions for clients in all areas of business and industry. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about sliding images in web design, and the benefits of these.
What are sliding images?
Sliding images are images that are set up to change after a certain period of time, or when a user interacts with a button. This has a slideshow style feel that can help your company show more than one image in the same space on your website, as the images will cycle through a selected gallery. This is useful at different points across your website, but is commonly used in the above the fold space, where it will receive the most attention.
What are the important considerations for sliding images?
Using sliding images can be a great option, but there are some things to consider, including:
- The time the images are shown for- if your images change too quickly, users might not get time to fully take them in, or read any content that is overlaid. But images that change too slowly can easily be missed by a potential customer when scrolling through. Instead, they will think the images are static. It’s important to test the timings and find the right for your website users.
- The buttons- if your images will change when the user presses a button, you will need to design buttons that are visible and look interactive, without detracting from the overall design of the website, and without distracting attention away from the image. You can opt for full slideshow style controls, including pause button, or you could just use simple arrow buttons at the side of the image, or circular buttons below. Either way, you should choose the best option for your website.
What are the benefits of sliding images in web design?
So, why should you use sliding images in web design? Well there are plenty of benefits, including:
- Showing multiple images- if you have a lot of images to show off, product images for example, using a sliding system allows you to show off multiple images in one space, which is great for layout and minimalist screen design.
- Interactivity- using a slider system that allows users to control the movement of the images adds an element of interactivity to your website. This can encourage users to stay on your website for longer, which could lead to more sales, and more sign ups.
- Attention grabbing- because the images move, this will attract the attention of your users who will be more likely to stop scrolling to look at the new image. This is a good way of drawing attention to a particular part of the screen.
For more information or for professional web design and web marketing solutions, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.