Here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design experts. That’s why we create stunning web design solutions, for businesses and companies across the North West. This includes Southport and Wigan. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about the advantages of wood grain backgrounds for websites.
What are the advantages of wood grain backgrounds for websites?
There are a number of advantages and benefits to using wood grain backgrounds in web design. These include:
- Adding texture- texture is an important web design element that can help separate the background content from the texts and images used on top. The textured effect adds depth to the design, helping to increase user interest, and encouraging your potential customers or clients to pay close attention to your design theme. At the same time, textured design elements, like a wood grain background, can draw the viewers eye to particular areas of the screen, and important website features and content.
- Neutral design element- of you need your background to be neutral, and allow the rest of the content to stand out, but you don’t want a simple flat design, wood grain effect can be the perfect solution. This can be used in neutral or muted tones, and provide a blank canvas for the rest of your content, without being completely flat.
What are the considerations for wood grain backgrounds in web design?
There are a number of considerations to bear in mind when choosing a wood grain effect background for your website. These considerations include:
- The colour- wood grain effect backgrounds can be stunning and very visually effective in a range of colours and shades. Neutral tones can help the content really stand out from the background, but dark tones can suit the dark theme design style that is currently popular. Always consider your company branding and colour scheme too, to achieve the right result for your brand and persona.
- The texture- the level of texture you want to add to your website will determine the type of wood grain effect background you should choose. Some offer a subtle hint of texture, while others are more upfront. The choice you make will be determined by the overall design theme of your website, and how this will fit in.
- The size of the planks- an important and often overlooked consideration is the size of the planks of wood in the background imagery. These need to be just right to achieve the perfect visual result. One thing you should always avoid is content that falls into the cracks between these planks. You should also consider the plank width in light of the width of the typography and design elements used in the foreground, as you need to create the perfect background for this to stand out.
For more information or for professional web design for your company, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.