Sending out an email newsletter is a great way to let your previous customers know about any additions or improvements to your services or products, and to keep them up to date with company developments, as well as secure return custom. But to really make sure you see all of these potential results, you will need to seriously consider the design of your email newsletter. So what makes an effective email newsletter? And what are the important design considerations for improving your email newsletter? Well, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design experts, and we provide high quality, effective, web design solutions for a range of local companies and businesses across Manchester, and the surrounding area. This includes Blackburn and Stockport. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about effective email newsletters.
What are the most important design considerations for improving your email newsletter?
The key design decisions you should be most concerned with include:
- company branding
- responsive design
Company branding and email newsletters
To make sure that your newsletter doesn’t go straight to delete, you need to capture the attention of your audience with bold visual design. But this also needs to be clearly branded to build consumer trust, and to make your recipients feel more secure. To make sure that your newsletter is instantly recognizable as part of your brand, you should consider:
- Using your company logo right at the top of the newsletter- this should be the first thing that your reader notices when they open the email, so that they know the newsletter is legitimate and not spam or junk mail. the logo in a prominent position.
- Using company colours- another design aspect that your potential customers will probably recognise instantly are the company colours. Using a colour scheme that matches your website, social media, or online presence will help your email newsletter gain credibility, so that your readers will be more likely to click through to your website.
- Professional, high quality imagery- if your brand is known for professional, high quality imagery, make sure you use this in your email newsletter. Not only will it help to grab the attention of your audience, it will also help to increase sales, bookings or sign ups.
Responsive design and email newsletters
It’s crucial to remember that your email newsletter can be opened on any device, of any size. From the largest desktop screen to the smallest mobile device, your email newsletter needs to be designed to look stunning on all screen sizes. This means:
- Paying close attention to the layout- an email newsletter needs to be read in order, from top to bottom. Make sure that your responsive layout keeps all of the content in the correct order, for all screen sizes, and that the layout itself is useful for all devices. A modular grid layout can be a good option, as this allows the content to change the amount of columns, depending on the width of the screen.
- Responsive imagery- your imagery will also need to be the perfect size for th device, so that the page is not obscured by an image that is too large, or left blank by an image that is too small.
For more information or advice, or for high quality, professional web design solutions, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.