Effective website design is all about using the available technology and design styles to create an easy to use, functional website experience. But over time, as technology improves, and user habits changes, it can be necessary to update your website, redesign it, and make changes. But what are the positives and negatives of website changes? And how can you make website re-design work for your company? Well, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design experts. We provide, high quality, effective, web design solutions for local companies and businesses across Manchester, and the surrounding area, including Wigan and Southport. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about redesigning your website.
What are the positives and negatives of website changes?
When it comes to making changes to your website, there are many advantages and benefits. But there can also be some drawbacks too. So to help you decide if website changes are something you should consider, we have broken down the positives and negatives:
Advantages of making changes to your website
The positives associated with changing your website include:
- Staying relevant- web design trends and designs can become old and dated once the style has moved on. Changing and updating your website can help you to stay relevant, and even attract new customers or clients as a result.
- Improving design- when making changes to your website, as long as these changes are thoroughly researched, you are unlikely to make the web design worse. Instead, you will probably improve things like forms, navigation menus and other practical design features. This can improve the functionality of your website, and also lead to a positive user experience, increasing the opportunity for sales, sign ups and bookings.
- Re-branding- every so often companies or businesses may need to re-brand. Changing the website is the only way to achieve this online, and it will give your company a chance to really redefine the design style and even the company persona. This can even help your company reach a wider audience, and bring in new customers and clients.
Drawbacks to making changes to your website
Most of the drawbacks that can be associated with website changes occur when changes are made without enough research. These drawbacks can include:
- No longer connecting to your target audience- changing your website branding, and the overall web design, can alienate your target audience if you do not take the appropriate measures to reach the right people. This is why working with the right team can be so important.
- Difficulty for returning users- if you have loyal and frequent customers, you might find that they have some difficulty when returning to your website, if changes have been made. This is why it is essential to use intuitive design, so that your website is as simple to use and navigate as possible.
For more information about website redesign, or professional web design support or advice, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.