Here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design professionals. We work with a variety of companies across Manchester, and the North West, including those in Blackburn and Chorley, to provide high quality web design solutions. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about making seasonal changes to your website to boost sales.
What are the effective seasonal web design features to boost sales?
If you’re looking to increase sales over a seasonal period, there are a number of factors you can consider. These include:
- Changing the above the fold content
- Seasonal offers and advertisements
- Updating website imagery
Changing the above the fold content
The above the fold content on any website is one of the most important pieces of content. This is because this area is what any potential customers or clients will see first, as soon as your website loads. As a result, making seasonal changes to this in preparation for seasonal sales can be very beneficial. This could include product imagery or offers, or simple changes to your existing above the fold imagery, to add a seasonal change. You may also want to change to the call to action button link to drive traffic to a more appropriate page for seasonal sales.
Seasonal offers and advertisements
Adding seasonal offers and advertisements to your website can help improve sales by generating interest and enthusiasm about your products or services. These should be towards the top of the page so that they are immediately visible and can direct attention immediately. When designing these you should consider:
- The imagery- the offer or advertisement should be displayed with high quality imagery that can attract attention. If your offer includes a discount, make sure to include the discount figure, i.e. 20% off, as a main part of the imagery that cannot be overlooked.
- The tone- the tone of language you use can make all the difference to advertisements, and not just seasonal ones. Make sure that you indicate that the offer is time sensitive to help invoke immediate action from your potential customers or clients.
- The call to action button- the call to action button is a key part of advertisement design as this is what you want your interest customers or clients to use immediately. Make sure this is clear and obvious, and designed to invoke action.
Updating website imagery
Finally, if you don’t want to change your above the fold content too much, and you don’t want to create advertisements, simply making subtle changes to your existing website imagery or design can be very beneficial. This can include seasonal style overlays or updating product or service imagery. This will indicate to your potential customers or clients that your website content is updated regularly, helping build trust with your audience.
For more information or for professional web design support, get in touch with the team today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.