If you’re thinking of redesigning or refreshing your website in the new year, you might be interested in the current webs design trends. Keeping on top of design trends can show that your website is updated regularly, and help build consumer trust. It can also be the source of inspiration for transforming your website. But what type of trends should you be looking for? Well, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design experts. We provide, high quality, effective, web design solutions for local companies and businesses across Manchester, and the surrounding area, including Wigan and Southport. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about the emerging web design trends to watch.
What are the web design trends to watch for 2022?
So what are the emerging web design trends as we arrive towards the end of the year? Well, there are plenty, including:
- Split screen design- split screen web design has become incredibly popular this year, rivaling the hero image or full page image trend in terms of numbers and results. The split screen design can be contrasting and bold, or subtle and smooth. But either way, it involves splitting the screen into two different sections to create a visual feature that can grab attention.
- Illustration- illustration has been very popular this year, with companies and brands choosing this style of imagery, over more traditional or standard images. Illustration can help to show off your company persona, with individuality and style, and this helps to create a more memorable website.
- Animation- alongside the rise of illustration, we have also seen a lot more in terms of animation. Whether it’s an animated element as part of a large screen illustration, or an animated effect, or animated video, animation seems to be sweeping across the web design world. Animated elements draw attention to different web design features, and the movements keep your potential customers interested and engaged with your website for longer.
- Strong typography- there seem to be fewer calligraphy style fonts around currently, as companies and businesses instead choose strong, sans serif style fonts and typefaces. Strong typography can work more effectively with illustration and animated features, and it is also a lot easier to read on all screens and devices.
- Geometric styles- from illustrated features with a geometric style, to full geometric backgrounds and button styles, geometry has been a big trend this year, and is set to become bigger as the year moves on. Geometry can help to add texture and depth to your web design, as well as create areas of visual interest and contrast.
For more information or for professional web design and web marketing solutions, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.