Creating a website that accurately reflects your company branding, grabs the attention of the potential customers or clients, and is fully functional, is no small task. Using tried and tested design methods can help make it easier, but this can detract from your individuality and unique style. So while you can use these for inspiration, it can be useful to add your own twist as well. One such trend involves Using metallic colours in web design. But how can you use these colours effectively? And what are the advantages? Well, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design experts. We work across the North West, including Blackburn and Chorley, to provide top quality, effective web design solutions. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about web design with metallic colour schemes.
Important considerations for using metallic colours in web design
If you are thinking of adding metallic colours to your web design, there are a number of important considerations to bear in mind. These include:
- Colour palette combinations- If you want your metallic colour to grab attention, and contrast with the rest of the design, then it can be a good option to choose just one metallic colour, combined or contrasted with suitable plain colours. However, for other websites, with different company branding or style, it can be very effective to use two or three metallic colours combined together, as your tri-colour scheme. This all depends on the company branding and the purpose of the metallic colour.
- Company branding- as with all colours used on web design, it is essential to ensure that the metallic colour or colours you choose, match and emphasizes your company branding, and your existing company colours. This can help increase brand awareness, and build effective relationships with your potential customers or clients.
- Purpose of the metallic colour- if you are using the metallic colour for a specific reason, such as to create contrast or add texture to your website, you should be sure to position this in an area where it will be most effective, drawing attention to the right parts of the web page.
What are the advantages of metallic colours in web design?
There are a number of advantages to using metallic colours in web design. These include:
- Creating subtle contrast- the metallic colours can create a subtle amount of contrast with other, plain colours, used throughout the website. This helps to visually emphasize or draw attention to key points, or key pieces of information, which can be very useful and beneficial to your potential customers or clients.
- Creating a unique design- using metallic colours is a less popular web design trend, which means that you can really create something unique for your company or brand. This in turn helps consumers to recognize your company, and develop a loyal relationship, potentially increasing sales or sign ups.
For more information or advice, get in touch with the professionals today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.