The main purpose of most business or company websites is to ensure that your website users make that all important purchase, or decide to book your services. And the key bridge between landing on your website, and moving towards this end goal, is your call to action button. This should direct users attention with the colour, text, and design, and also be used as a navigation tool leading to the page you want your users to get to. As such, there are a range of ways to design the call to action button, in line with your company branding and design. And one option involves creating a call to action button with texture or with a 3D effect. But can this be effective? And how can you create texture? Well, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design experts. We create stunning web design solutions, for businesses and companies across the North West. This includes Southport and Wigan. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about creating texture for a call to action button.
Creating a call to action button with texture
So, how can you create a call to action button that will stand out and grab attention, with texture? Well, there are a number of things you can consider, including:
- Creating a 3D button effect- this is probably not the most stylish way to add texture to your call to action button, as it was a design tool that was popular some ten years ago. This style makes the button stand out from the page with a shading effect underneath. This makes it clear to the user that the box is a button to be clicked on, so it reduces any confusion your potential customers might have.
- Using a textured background- why not use a textured background across your call to action button so that it creates an area of visual contrast with the rest of the web page. This will draw attention to the call to action button, and help to increase the number of conversions.
- Creating an inset- within the button design, you could create an inset visual effect. This is often used for an arrow symbol, which makes it clear to the user that clicking on the button will take them to another webpage. The arrow symbol appears to be inset into the button shape itself, and gives an effective 3D effect to your website.
- Using colours- texture can be created when using colours. By using lighter colours around the edges, and darker colours in the middle, it will look like the button is raised in the centre, and this provides a subtle but effective textured, 3D effect which is sure to draw the eye.
Advantages of textured call to action buttons
So why should you create a textured call to action button? Well, there are a number of reasons, including:
- guiding the user towards the button
- increasing visual interest
- making the button more appealing to users
- clearly indicating the button can be clicked, and will lead to another webpage
All of which can help improve the number of sales and sign ups.
For more information or advice, get in touch with the team today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.