Here at Pumpkin Web Design, we are Preston’s leading web marketing and SEO experts. And we work with a range of companies and businesses across the North West to provide top quality web solutions. This includes content marketing. But what is content marketing? And why is it necessary as part of your website SEO? Well, this is our guide to the advantages of content marketing as part of SEO.
SEO and content
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is a must for all businesses and companies who want to compete online. SEO itself is all about making sure your website is designed and built with search engines in mind.
Most search engines, like Google use ranking algorithms to determine where your website should rank on the Search Engine Results Page (SERP), in relation to other relevant search results. The key indicators that the ranking algorithm uses to determine your page rank, include:
- the relevance of your content- so how well does your answer match the search query?
- the page authority
- the quality of the information
- the loading speed
- the user experience rating for the website- is your website easy to use and does it provide a good user experience?
- the originality of the text
- the trustworthiness of the information
So, as you can see, the content itself is something that Google, and other search engines, will be using to judge your website. So content marketing can really help to boost your SEO efforts.
Advantages of content marketing as part of SEO
Providing quality content can really influence your SEO, including your SERP ranking. And this in turn can have a positive influence on the performance of your website. For example, content marketing can:
- drive more organic traffic to your website- producing good quality content that targets a wider range of keywords related to your business, can help to promote your brand, and ultimately lead to more sales or sign ups. This is because your content will reach more people using relevant search terms, simply by covering more keywords. And these can be slightly different to the optimization you have used for the rest of your website, using a wider range of long tailed keywords.
- increases the quality of your website- if your website can provide quality content across a range of relevant topics, and answer a variety of user questions, this will increase the perceived quality of your website. And this leads to a more positive user experience.
- boosts the trustworthiness of your website- by providing good quality, original content, on a regular basis, potential customers can see that your website is regularly updated. And as a result, it will be easier for them to trust your services or products. This will also help to increase your trustworthiness in the eyes of search engines too. So it will further your SEO efforts.
- shareable content- by producing regular, good quality content, your company will also have something to share on social media platforms. Although this isn’t directly related to SEO, the additional content will generate more traffic and viewers, which will indicate that your content is good quality.
For more information or advice, or for professional content marketing and SEO support, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design.