Here at Pumpkin Web Design, we are Preston’s leading web design and web marketing professionals. We provide valuable web design, SEO, and marketing solutions to a range of clients, across the North West, including Southport and Wigan, as well as Manchester. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything startup companies should know about their content marketing strategy.
What are the important tips for effective startup content marketing?
To make sure that the content marketing you invest your time and perhaps money into is worthwhile for your business, there are a number of things you should consider. These include:
- Focus on quality- while the entry to content marketing is low the expected standard of content is extremely high. And the better the standard of the written content, the more likely your company is to rise up the rankings on the Search Engine Results Page (SERP). Companies landing at the top of the SERP are often attracting more than 90% of the search traffic. As a result, for keywords that you are looking to rank for, creating high quality content is absolutely essential, instead of turning out many low quality pieces of content.
- Focus on area- because of the high standard of content necessary you should consider choosing a focus area or topic to centre your content around. This should be something that you have a lot of experience with, or something that you know a lot about, so that you can cover the topic from many different angles and really secure your place on the SERP for relevant search terms.
- Set targets- you should have a set of targets that you are hoping your content marketing can achieve. These need to be measurable so that you can measure the success of your content and highlight areas of weakness that can be improved on in the future. The targets should also be relevant to your content marketing in general, such as increasing website traffic, increasing conversions, or increasing brand identity.
- Evaluate- finally, to make sure your content marketing is really succeeding for your company or brand you will need to evaluate your progress and analyse your content on a fairly regular basis. You need to know whether your content is achieving its aims or not, as quickly as possible so that you can make changes to your strategy. However there are a number of different ways to measure your progress and relying on SERP position can be a mistake, as it can take articles or blogs several months to rise to the top.
What are the benefits of content marketing for startups?
There are a number of advantages and benefits to using content marketing strategies as a startup. These include:
- Increasing traffic- ranking for keywords relevant to your company, products or services, is one of the most effective ways to increase traffic to your website without paying for advertising.
- Building consumer trust- content marketing that is fresh, relevant and consistent can help to build consumer trust, which in turn can lead to an increase in sales and sign ups.
- Establishing industry knowledge and position- creating a wealth of informative,detailed and relevant content can help to establish your startup as a knowledgeable industry leader.
For more information or advice about mobile devices and responsive web design, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design.