Creating a great quality, visually stunning website is the aim for many companies and businesses around the world. But once you have created your website, with a design and practicality that fits your company, the rest of the work will begin. Succeeding online means more than just keeping your website functional for users. It also means periodically updating it too. Whether that’s by adding more functionality, or changing the design completely, your website will need to be redesigned on a regular basis. But how regular should you aim for? And what are the advantages of redesigning your website regularly? Well, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester, we are Manchester’s leading web design professionals. We work with companies in a range of industries, across Manchester and the surrounding region, including Wigan and Southport, to deliver high quality web design solutions that really get results. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about redesigning your website.
What are the advantages of redesigning your website regularly?
So, why should you think about redesigning your website on a regular basis? Well, redesigning your website can bring a wide range of advantages, including:
- Keeping up to date with trends and developments- In terms of web design, the pace of change can be a challenge, even for the professionals. Every day new designs and patterns are tried and tested on websites around the world, and these gradually become new and important features for web design in general. Keeping up with practical, functional and aesthetic trends can help show your website users that your company is professional. And a website that is up to date, is easier to trust than a website that looks dated. This means that you will be more likely to increase sales and sign ups.
- Grabbing user attention- as humans, we are designed to notice any little changes in the world around us. This includes the digital world. So people that access your website, will instantly notice any changes, and be drawn to them. This means that you can use new features to drive interest towards certain products, services or deals, because your re-design will naturally attract attention.
- Change the focus- if you have been using your website to drive sales in one particular area, or for a certain product, you might want to change it up a bit. Business is always changing, and your website should reflect this.
How frequently should you redesign your website?
So how often should you redesign your website? Well, that depends on a number of factors, including:
- The size of your company- small local businesses will not need to update as frequently as larger companies. There are a number of reasons for this, including the fact that large companies will want to change the focus of the website more frequently, and that large companies will in general have more competition.
- The quality of your current website- if your current website is built well, responsive, and is designed on the principles and design features that are still popular, you wont need to redesign any time soon. But once web design trends change, to the next big thing, you will have to think about updating.
For more information or advice, or for high quality, professional web design solutions, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design Manchester.