Creating content for your website is not always as easy as you might think. Your content needs to be original, informative and relevant to your audience. And this is where keyword research can be useful. So what are the advantages of effective keyword research? Well, here at Pumpkin Web Design, we are Preston’s leading web design and content marketing professionals. We provide valuable web design, SEO, and marketing solutions to a range of clients, across the North West, including Southport and Wigan, as well as Manchester. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about keyword research.
What is keyword research?
Keyword research is a task focused on identifying the best possible keywords for your business. This is essential for businesses of all sizes, across a range of industries, and will be necessary for producing the right keywords for several different purposes, including:
- Overall keywords for your website- these will be used on your landing page content, and any major website pages.
- Keywords for video content and images- you can optimise images and video with their own relevant keywords. These will show up in the image search or video search for relevant search terms.
- Blog or article keywords- these will generally be broader, and use more key-phrases or long tail keywords, rather than short singular words.
What are the advantages of effective keyword research?
Carrying out effective keyword research is one of the most crucial parts of your content marketing strategy. In fact, choosing the right keywords can bring a range of advantages and benefits, including:
- Increasing organic traffic- choosing the most relevant keywords for your company or business is a great way to help your website appear in the Search Engine Results Page (SERP), attracting interest from searchers using that particular search term, phrase, or question. This helps increase the visibility of your website, and increase the opportunity for click through’s, that won’t cost your company anything.
- Content ideas- finding the perfect keyword, or collection of keywords, leads perfectly into choosing the right ideas for content for your website. Having a stack of effective and suitable keywords to choose from can make it much easier to choose a topic for your content that will be meaningful and interesting to your potential customers and clients. And with improved content, you then have more to share on social media platforms, and the opportunity to increase your brand awareness.
- SEO- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is all about improving your website in light of what search engines are looking for. While the aim of your business online might be to increase sales, sign ups or bookings, the aim of most search engines is to help users find the most relevant and informative content in as little time as possible. By using the right keywords, for relevant search terms, you can be sure that your website will be more optimised for search engine success, and you may even secure the top spot.
- Understanding your users- knowing what type of search terms to target, and researching around these, is a great way to understand your potential customers or clients too. Different keywords will be relevant to different stages of the consumer journey, and understanding the difference between these means that your content is more likely to provide website users with what they need, improving the user experience.
For more information or advice about content marketing, web marketing, or professional web design, get in touch with the experts here at Pumpkin Web Design.