Keywords have long been an essential part of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), and targeting the right keywords can be essential for achieving success online. But not all keywords are created equal. In fact, different types of keyword can have a different impact on your SEO success. One of the important categories of keyword you should consider are bottom of the funnel keywords. But what is the relationship between bottom of the funnel keywords and SEO? And how can you use these to create success for your website?
Understanding bottom of the funnel keywords and SEO?
Bottom of the funnel keywords are highly specific, and often include long-tail phrases. These keywords are often associated with website users that are at, or are approaching the final stage of the customer journey, where potential customers are actively seeking solutions or preparing to make a purchase. As a result, by creating original and effective content to target such keywords, businesses can attract a more refined audience of individuals who are closer to conversion and more likely to take action.
What are the advantages of using bottom of the funnel keywords for SEO?
There are a number of benefits and advantages to identifying useful bottom of the funnel keywords and applying these as a key part of your SEO strategy. These benefits include:
- Increasing content relevance- Bottom of the funnel keywords allow you to align your content and offerings precisely with users’ intent, delivering a more personalised and relevant experience. This relevance builds trust and increases the likelihood of conversion.
- Increasing conversion rates- By targeting users that are actively seeking specific solutions or products, you can significantly improve your conversion rates. When users find content that directly addresses their needs, they are more inclined to engage, inquire, or make a purchase.
- Reduced keyword competition- When compared with top-of-the-funnel keywords, bottom-of-the-funnel keywords often have lower search volumes and face less competition. This presents an opportunity for businesses to rank higher on search engine result pages (SERPs) and drive targeted traffic to their websites.
- Improved ROI- Using bottom of the funnel keywords can help to optimise marketing spend by focusing resources on users who are more likely to convert. By attracting qualified leads and minimising wasted ad spend, businesses can achieve a higher return on investment.
Implementing bottom of the funnel keywords as part of your SEO strategy
To achieve the best results when using bottom of the funnel keywords, there are a number of options you can take. The effective strategies include:
- Conducting effective keyword research- To make the most of bottom of the funnel keywords, you should conduct thorough research to identify relevant bottom-of-the-funnel keywords that align with your target audience’s search intent.
- Optimizing on-page content- You can incorporate bottom-of-the-funnel keywords naturally into your website’s content, including product descriptions, landing pages, and blog posts. By focusing on providing valuable information that addresses user needs while seamlessly integrating these keywords, you can optimise your on page content for SERP success.
For more information or advice, or for professional web marketing and web design, get in touch with the team here at Pumpkin Web Design.We are Preston’s leading web design and web marketing professionals and we provide valuable web design, SEO, and marketing solutions to a range of clients, across the North West, including Southport and Wigan, as well as Manchester.