Marketing has always been an important consideration for companies and businesses looking to grow, or reach new audiences. But while this has moved away from traditional marketing, or print marketing, in the past few years, combining digital and traditional marketing effectively can lead to the best results. So how can this be achieved? Well, here at Pumpkin Web Design, we are Preston’s leading web design and web marketing professionals. We provide valuable web design, SEO, and marketing solutions to a range of clients, across the North West, including Southport and Wigan, as well as Manchester. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you need to know about using both traditional and digital marketing techniques together.
Why is digital marketing important?
Digital marketing is all about creating advertisement, and potential new customers or clients for your website or eCommerce site. This is an essential consideration for any business as this can:
- Increase company/brand awareness so that you reach a wider audience
- Show off your products or services
- Increase sales and sign ups
However, for some companies, especially those offering a local service, traditional marketing techniques and practices will still be important. And this means combining the two different methods together, for the best possible outcomes.
Methods for combining digital and traditional marketing effectively
To get the most value from your marketing, you should consider combining both digital marketing and traditional marketing strategies and techniques. This can include:
- Combining email marketing with traditional direct marketing
- Using print advertisements and digital advertisements that are similar
Combining email marketing with traditional direct marketing
Email marketing is a great way to keep your audience up to date with your new products or services, or any offers or deals that you might have available. This can also be a great way to keep your potential or previous customers and clients up to date with business developments, and your company story. As your business grows, so too will the relationship between your company and your consumers.
However, most of your email recipients will be hit with an overwhelming multitude of emails daily, and this can lead to consumers simply ignoring marketing emails, or marking these as spam. That’s why its important to consider using a compelling and interesting subject line, to capture attention instantly. But this can also be improved by following up with traditional direct marketing. This could include:
- a letter
- a postcard
- a newsletter
- a voucher code booklet
This can really set your company apart from any competitors, and build a strong consumer relationship.
Using print advertisements and digital advertisements that are similar
Print advertisements in newspapers and magazines, even industry brochures, can still be a great way to reach a new audience. However, relying solely on print advertisement places a lot of emphasis on luck, as you never when or even if, anyone will see this advertisement. In contrast, digital marketing can be seen by thousands of people at once, but it might not be relevant to them all at that time. Combining the two can really make a long lasting impact to your company, but you should consider:
- Using the same visual content- if your digital advertisement is a video, this might be more difficult, but the point is that the two pieces of content should be easily and clearly recognized as being part of the same company branding. This can make your advertisement feel more trustworthy, and build brand awareness.
- Deliver the same message- using two different forms of marketing, it can be tempting to deliver a separate message with each type. But this can be counterproductive. keep your marketing focused on the same goal, for effective, measurable results.
For more information or advice, or for professional web marketing and web design, get in touch with the team here at Pumpkin Web Design.