While your company may have a professional and high quality website, without an active social media presence, and high quality digital marketing, you might not attract the traffic you were aiming for. And this can lead to lower sales, and lower profits. Social media marketing can be a great way to help boost of the sales of all companies, from the largest to the smallest. This is because, an effective social media marketing strategy will attract attention and generate engagement, while spreading your company branding, and increasing your social reach. This ultimately leads to more traffic, and more opportunity for sales, bookings and sign ups. But what should you consider when creating a user generated social media marketing strategy? And what are the advantages of this method? Well, here at Pumpkin Web Design, we are Preston’s leading web design and web marketing professionals. We provide valuable web design, SEO, and marketing solutions to a range of clients, across the North West, including Southport and Wigan, as well as Manchester. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about user generated social media marketing.
What is user generated content for social media?
Social media is a great tool for sharing with other others across the globe, as well as forming more personal connections with your customers and clients. User generated content is all about harnessing this connection, to encourage users to generate content related to your company, products or services. This could include:
- Customer reviews and testimonials
- Images/videos of the products in use
- Images/videos of services and full results
Not only does this help to connect your company with more people, but it is also a mostly free marketing strategy, that can be used by companies in a range of industries.
Considerations for creating a user generated social media marketing strategy
There are several considerations you should bear in mind before launching a full user generated content strategy for your social media platforms. These considerations include:
- Choosing a platform- running a specific and targeted strategy on just one platform can be a better idea than collecting user content from all social media platforms. But each different platform will have different requirements for success. For example, Instagram is based almost entirely on videos and images, so whatever strategy you develop for this platform should be visual based.
- Moderating the content- to maintain a professional image, its important that your company careful regulates and moderated the content that is associated with your company online.
- Keep engagement high- it’s important for your company to respond regularly, and maybe even reward your customers for content from time to time to keep levels of engagement high.
How to create a user generated social media marketing strategy
There are many different ways to create an effective social media marketing strategy that relies on user generated content. You could consider:
- Running a hashtag contest- a hashtag contest is a great way to get your company or brand trending on social media platforms, which will in turn draw in a new audience, and help your business continue to grow. Many large and small companies have used this tool effectively, for example fashion designer Marc Jobs cast a model from the hashtag entries used in a specific hashtag contest.
- Reviews- ask previous customers to leave a review on your social media platforms, and provide a small reward to those that do, for example, a discount code for the next order, or free delivery.
For more information or advice about mobile devices and responsive web design, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design.