Content marketing is an invaluable tool that can help you to reach more potential customers and clients, and generate more organic traffic to your website. But finding and choosing new ideas, that will be relevant and useful fro your company, on a regular basis, can become challenging. So how can you generate new ideas for your website content effectively? Well, here at Pumpkin Web Design, we are Preston’s leading web design and web marketing professionals. We provide valuable web design, SEO, and marketing solutions to a range of clients, across the North West, including Southport and Wigan, as well as Manchester. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about researching new content ideas for your website.
What are the effective options for researching new website content ideas?
So, when generating new ideas for your website content, what should you consider? Well, there are a range of different methods and techniques you can try to generate ideas for original, relevant and interesting content for your website. These include:
- Checking out your competitors
- Searching through relevant content on social forums such as Facebook Groups, Reddit and Quora
- Using the related searches function on the Google search engine results page (SERP)
Research new content ideas by searching through competitor websites
If your business or company has a number of online competitors, taking a look at the type of content, and the topics of the content they choose to produce regularly could be a good starting point. However, there are a number of things to be careful of here, and these include:
- Producing a different article on the same subject- you should try and avoid writing the same style of article as your competitors, and instead use their work as a jumping off point for your own. Change the angle of the article and produce something 100% original.
- Trust in other peoples research- your competitors may not have gone to the trouble of researching the type of content that their potential customers or clients want. Which means that while you may get some content ideas, you cant be sure about how effective these ideas could be. You shouldn’t put too much trust in other peoples research.
Research new content ideas with online social forums (Facebook Groups, Reddit and Quora)
If producing content that actually matters to your potential customers or clients is something that is important to your company, then online social forums can be a good place to start. Facebook Groups, Quora and Reddit are all online platforms where people can congregate to discuss ideas or ask questions. And from the questions asked in relation to your industry, products or services you provide, you can identify key areas that need more detailed, authoritative and high quality content.
Research new content ideas by using the related searches function
Finally, another option for generating content ideas is to search for a long tailed search term or phrase that you may already be ranking for, and check out the related searches listed at the end of Google search engine results page (SERP). This search terms are produced by the algorithm and contain similar topic ideas with different angles, such as advantages instead of disadvantages, as well as search terms that other people have also searched for.
For more information about content ideation for small businesses, get in touch with the experts here at Pumpkin Web Design today.