While your website might be a great advertisement for your company, and a useful space to sell your products or services online, this is only useful if potential customers or clients visit it. To achieve this, an effective SEO strategy is crucial. As part of this SEO strategy, any business should consider Google Maps. But what are the advantages of Google Maps for SMBs? Well, here at Pumpkin Web Design, we are Preston’s leading web design and web marketing professionals. We provide valuable web design, SEO, and marketing solutions to a range of clients, across the North West, including Southport and Wigan, as well as Manchester. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about Google Maps for SMBs.
What is Google Maps for SMBs?
So, first of all, what exactly is this type of marketing? Well, Google Maps marketing is all about making sure your company is listed on Google Maps, so that your customers can find you. This involves:
- signing up to a Google My Business account
- adding your business to the database, or if it is already known, claiming this business
- once claimed, and confirmed, you will then need to add all the relevant details and information as well as photos
What are the advantages of Google Maps for SMBs?
So, why should SMBs put in all the effort to optimize their Google Maps details, and what kind of advantages can be expected from Google Maps marketing? Well, there are many benefits, including:
- Google Map results are shown at the top of the results page. When people make a search query, looking for a product or a service, the Google Maps options generally will appear to reveal nearby businesses they can choose from. This is shown at the top of the page, above the organic search results. The Google Map results generally show information for three different businesses or companies and highlights their physical location on the map. With effective Google Maps marketing, you can make sure your company is listed in these results.
- Local searches can directly translate into sales. In fact, 76% of people searching for local products visit the local store within the day, and 28% of these visits result in a sale! Ranking highly in the Google Maps results does help SMBs like yours, make sales every day.
- Build trust. For new customers to choose your company, they need to trust that you are a professional and reliable business. Ranking in the top 3 local results on Google Maps is a great way to prove that your company is legitimate and trustworthy. As a result, customers will be more likely to choose your business.
- Beat your competitors. Optimising your Google Maps entry is a straight forward way to take on your competitors online. By adding all the relevant information, generating positive reviews and including great company photos, you can outrank your competitors who may have overlooked this marketing strategy completely.
For more information or advice, or for professional web marketing and social media marketing, get in touch with the team today, here at Pumpkin Web Design.