Technical SEO is the process of optimising a website’s technical components in order to raise its placement in search engine results pages (SERPs). The structure, coding, and content of the website are optimised to make it simpler for search engines to crawl, index, and comprehend the material. This is essential for companies and businesses to succeed online, but what are the most important aspects of technical SEO for all businesses to focus on?
What are the important aspects of technical SEO for all businesses to consider?
There are several technical aspects of SEO that companies and businesses need to pay attention to in order to improve their website’s performance. These include:
- The website structure- An essential component of technical SEO is a website’s structure. A website with a clear structure is simpler for search engines to crawl and index, which can result in better ranks. The sitemap, internal links, and navigation menu are examples of website structure components.
- The website speed- Another crucial element of technical SEO is page speed. Fast-loading websites rank higher in search results because they offer a better user experience. Optimising images and graphics, lowering the amount of HTTP requests, and decreasing code can all help websites load faster.
- Mobile optimisation- Websites must be mobile-friendly since more and more people are accessing the internet via mobile devices. Having a mobile-responsive design, using readable fonts and graphics, and having a quick-loading mobile site are all examples of mobile optimization. You can read more about this in our earlier blog.
- URL structure- Technical SEO heavily relies on the URL structure of a website. Concise, descriptive, and simple-to-understand URLs are ideal. Also, they ought to contain phrases that relate to the information on the page.
- Meta tags- Meta tags are HTML tags that inform search engines about a webpage. The page title, meta description, and meta keywords are among them. Because they educate search engines about the content on a page, meta tags are crucial for SEO. This will help you age rank for relevant searches and help to improve your organic SEO, reaching more potential customers or clients, and boosting sales or sign ups.
- Schema markup- In order to provide more information about the content on a page, schema markup is a type of coding that may be added to the HTML of a website. The author of the page, the publication date, and the kind of material are some examples of this data. Because it makes it easier for search engines to grasp the content of a page, schema markup is crucial for SEO.
- HTTPS- Data exchanged between a website and a user’s browser is encrypted when it is sent over HTTPS, a secure form of HTTP. Because it affects search engine rankings, HTTPS is crucial for SEO. HTTPS-enabled websites receive a ranking advantage over non-enabled ones.
- Canonicalization- When there are many URLs that point to the same piece of content on a webpage, canonicalization is the process of choosing the preferred URL. Because duplicate content problems can have a detrimental impact on a website’s ranking, canonicalization is crucial for SEO.
Here at Pumpkin Web Design we are Preston’s leading web design and web marketing professionals. We provide a wide range of high quality, effective SEO solutions and content marketing services across Preston and the North West, from Southport to Wigan, as well as Manchester. For more information or advice, why not get in touch today?