With the festive season already in full swing, the chances are, your seasonal content has already launched. This can be a great way to promote deals, offers, products and services over the festive period, and increase your revenue. But do you know what the most common seasonal content marketing mistakes are? And are you sure that your company has successfully avoided these? Well, here at Pumpkin Web Design, we are Preston’s leading web design and web marketing experts. And we work with companies across the North West, from Southport to Wigan, and even Manchester. to deliver web marketing solutions that really work. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know to avoid content marketing mistakes over the festive period.
What are the most common seasonal content marketing mistakes?
There are several content marketing mistakes that are often frequently made when it comes to seasonal content. These include:
- Starting your campaign too early
- Neglecting your company branding
Starting your campaign too early
For any seasonal content marketing strategy to be effective, timing is crucial. If you haven’t started already, you’ve probably missed out on most oft he Christmas shoppers, which is a big mistake. But if started way back in November, you may well have started too early. So why is this a problem? Well, this can create a range of issues, including:
- Consumer fatigue- if you’ve been showing similar ads, or emailing new customer deals, the chances are your potential customers are getting fed up of hearing the same message. Consciously or not, consumer fatigue happens when users automatically block out your advertising, paying little to no attention to it. This means your seasonal video, email or blog piece is not going to perform as well as it should.
- Forgotten deals- if consumers see your advertising and marketing too early, they may have a great response to it at the time. But this can easily be forgotten in the time between then and Christmas. And this means again, you could be missing out on sales.
Neglecting your company branding
During the festive period, a lot of brands make the same mistake. And this is forgetting to include their company branding as the most prominent feature. Instead, video content and email newsletters may be designed with Christmas themed imagery and colours, taking your content away from traditional company colours and styles. This can have a couple of negative impacts, including:
- Consumers not recognizing your brand- seasonal content can help to increase brand awareness, when this is used and designed correctly. But if your content is not well branded, your users may not remember your company name. And this can mean that you lose out on potential customers in the long run, even if your content is very popular at the time.
- Lack of trust- people are more suspicious than ever when it comes to email content and advertising. If your content is not clearly branded, potential customers will be less likely to trust it, and be less likely to follow any links.
For more information about professional web design, or web marketing, get in touch with the team today, here at Pumpkin Web Design.
Why not join us on instagram to see what we really get up to...