Creating different landing pages based on location can be a great way to target keyword searches in all the areas that your company services. This can help you attract more traffic to your website, and target interested potential customers in a range of locations. But designing these pages takes more than just great content and visual imagery. If you really want to succeed, you will need to be sure to optimise each location page fully. So what does this involve? Well, here at Pumpkin Web Design, we are Preston’s leading web design and web marketing professionals. We provide valuable web design, SEO, and marketing solutions to a range of clients, across the North West, including Southport and Wigan, as well as Manchester. As a result, we have produced these SEO tips for location page success.
SEO tips for location page success
So, what can you do to make sure your location pages ranks highly on the Search Engine Results Page (SERP)? Well, there are several areas to focus on, including:
- Interior and exterior images
- Original content
- Business directions
Interior and exterior images
Using images is a normal part of web design. But for your location page, you dont just want any old image. Instead you need to include high quality, professional imagery of the interior and exterior of your physical property. Whether its an office block or a retail store, these images can help:
- Users find your business in the real world. This creates a sense of trust, and can help to also increase your sales and sign ups
- Users know what the inside of your business looks like.Believe it or not, this can be make or break for some customers, especially in the hospitality, leisure, tourism, and health and beauty industries.
- Show any nearby businesses that your users might already know of. If your’e situated in a shopping mall or a centre, this can help users plan trips more efficiently, and find your company more quickly.
- Show any parking you provide. This can also be a deciding factor for many customers and clients, especially those who require close parking.
Any images should also be optimised by size and resolution so that your page loads quickly and the images respond to different screen sizes.
Although you might provide the same services in each location you cover, using the same content for each page is a big SEO mistake. Each page needs to be completely unique and original to secure the best possible results. Why not consider:
- Specific services or products. You might offer different services or products in different locations, so make sure to cover in detail what users can expect from your company in the specific location.
- Unique points. Why should your clients in Preston visit your store there, instead of the store in Blackpool? What makes your Preston store different and what can your customers expect?
The location of your business shouldn’t just be left to the street address. Instead, you should also include a map with directions to your business place. This helps the user establish where you are located, but it also helps search engines like Google understand your positioning in the real world.
For more information or advice, or for professional web marketing and social media marketing, get in touch with the team today, here at Pumpkin Web Design.