If you want to increase sales on your website, there are a number of things that you can do. From the design of the call to action buttons and images, to your social media marketing, web design and web marketing work together to boost your websites performance. But one thing that combines both of these effectively is social proof. But what is social proof? And what are the options for using social proof to increase sales?
What is social proof online?
So, what is social proof? And how can your company benefit from social proof? Well, social proof is basically proof about how effective your business is. This is usually presented from your past/previous customers that have used your services or bought your products. This can be presented in a number of formats, including:
- Case-study- A case study discussing how well your product or service has stood the test of time, could work effectively as part of your blog content. This should be data driven and explore the customers experience in detail.
- Review- A smaller review on a review site, or your social media can be another great piece of social proof. This is usually less detailed and can be effective to add to your website as a quote.
- Data- although this is not provided by the customers experience, data can be used to show many customers you have, and to rate the overall satisfaction percentage. This can be very effective when it comes to persuading people to trust your company.
So, how can you use social proof to increase sales online?
So, how can you use social proof to increase sales and sign ups? Well, there are a number of steps you can take. These include:
- Adding review sections under your products- if you allow previous customers to write a review about a product they purchased, underneath the product on the product page, new customers may be more likely to make a purchase. This is because the direct positive feedback is tied directly to your product, which makes the review more believable.
- Images on social media- allow satisfied customers to post pictures of your products or services on social media platforms, using the relevant hashtag. This will build up to create a gallery of product images, showing your company in a great light, and persuading new customers too.
- Above the fold- using a great quote from a happy customer, or data statistics about satisfied customers in general, above the fold, can be a great way to attract the attention of potential customers, and improve your sales and sign ups. This is because your users will see the above the fold content first, and it will help to form a positive impression of your company.
For more information and advice about web marketing, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design. We are Preston’s leading web design and web marketing professionals. We work across Preston, and the North West, including Southport and Wigan, as well as Manchester, to provide valuable web solutions to a range of clients.
Why not join us on instagram to see what we really get up to...