Launching your new website is an exciting and memorable occasion. After all, it’s probably taken a few weeks to get everything together and up and running. Not to mention the financial cost. And paying special attention to your website launch is a good way to ensure your websites success. Here at Pumpkin Web Design, we are Preston’s leading web design and web marketing experts. And we don’t just build stunning websites, we also help companies market their websites too. As a result, we have produced this website launch checklist. To help your company start off on the right foot.
Website launch checklist
There are a number of things to keep an eye on when it comes to launching your website. And these can be broken down into pre-launch and post launch.
Pre-launch, it is imperative that you have everything set up for your success. This includes:
- Social media platforms- one of the best ways to spread the news of your launch is with social media. On platforms such as Facebook, you can boost your post. This means that you can pay to reach a huge audience, and you can even break this audience down by demographics. To reach your specific target audience. This means that you can reach people who may be more likely to be interested in your website, and your company, rather than simply advertising to anyone and everyone. This should result in increased awareness, and an increase in traffic.
- Quadruple check content- the last thing you want is to launch a website with broken links, and incorrect content. Or typo’s. So before you launch, ask a couple of different people to look over your website. Preferably unbiased people. So that they can spot any mistakes or problems.
- Optimise- use the meta descriptions, the alt tags and the title tags to make sure that your website is fully optimised for search engine performance. After all, a website that doesn’t rank highly on search engines, is not going to attract any traffic. And this means no sales. You can also optimise your images, and videos, as well as your written content. This should all be completed before your website launches, if your website is to succeed online.
Post launch checklist
Once your website launches it can be easy to think that your job is over. Your website will now pull in visitors and traffic all by itself. And while this may eventually become true, once your website ranks in the top position on the Search Engine Results Page (SERP), it certainly wont be true right away. So there are some additional steps to take post launch. And these include:
- Continue advertising your website- social media is a good way to advertise your website to reach a wider audience. And once your website has launched, you need to keep up with the marketing. Releasing blogs or content weekly can be a good way to keep your social media feed updated, while also plugging your website.
- Activate Google Search Console- using Google tools can help your website be indexed more thoroughly, and more accurately. And is a great way to make sure your website succeeds on Google. You should activate your Google Search Console straight way, and also upload your sitemap, for the best results.
- Local listings- put your website on the map, literally, by listing your business with Google My Business, and Yelp. This will help you corner the local customers, and also helps your website and company seem more reliable to potential customers. So its a win/win.
For more information or for professional web marketing support, get in touch with the professionals today, here at Pumpkin Web Design.
Why not join us on instagram to see what we really get up to...