The new year tends to bring new trends, and new trends being reports. A lot of people in the industry like to read up on social media statistics, content marketing and online behaviour. Never mind the past year, within the past couple of months we’ve seen how important visual content actually is and how video and certain infographics have become the most popular tools for companies looking to communicate and build a relationship with their customers.
To keep you updated and in the know, we have put a list together of the top 20 marketing statistics for you and your website of 2016!
- When people hear certain information, they will most likely remember 10% of it up to three days later. However, if an image is present and relevant, then people are more likely to remember up to 65% on the information.
- Up to 65% of marketing executives believe that visuals such as photos, illustrations and videos are key to how their company and brand is communicated.
- Customers who view videos on a website are 18% more likely to purchase products over websites that don’t include video.
- Just using the word “video” in the subject line of an email boost rates by 19%, click rates by 65% and prevents unsubscribes by 26%.
- Visual content that is featured on social media is 40x more likely to get shared than on any other type of platform.
- Engagement on Facebook for business has almost doubled within the past year while on Instagram is has almost halved.
- Over 51% of marketing professionals around the world site video as the type of content with the best ROI.
- Between the months April and November 2015. 360-degree video daily views were doubling from 4 billion, to 8 billion.
- It has been predicted that 74% of all internet traffic will be mainly video.
- More than 71% of marketers use visual assets such as images and videos in their social media marketing.