Here at Pumpkin Web Design, we are Preston’s leading web design and web marketing professionals. We provide valuable web design, SEO, and marketing solutions to a range of clients, across the North West, including Southport and Wigan, as well as Manchester. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you need to know about long tail keywords, and how to create content to target these.
How can you create effective content to target long tail keywords?
Creating effective website content is essential for pulling in the views and making a connection with your website users and potential customers and clients. Content designed with long tail keywords will need to be:
- Based on research- as always, research should be key when creating content that aims to target long tail keywords. Research into long tail keywords that are relevant to your products, services or industry should be implemented first, to establish exactly what it is that your potential customers or clients are looking for. Once this has been pin-pointed, it can become the centre of your next content marketing strategy.
- Answer the question- a lot of long tail keywords or phrases are question based, with a specific user intent. Create content that answers the question in full, but that also provides a quick, short summary for those that are looking for instant answers. This allows you to cater for potential customers and clients that like to research and thoroughly understand key aspects before purchasing or signing up, while also providing a simple, straight forward solution for those looking for a quick result. This can be achieved by positioning a summary, or TL:DR at the beginning of the article or blog content.
- Focus on topic- there may be many different long tail keywords relevant to your company content marketing, and as a result you should focus and categorize content by topic or area to target specific topics at once.
What are the advantages of creating content for long tail keywords?
There are a number of advantages and benefits to creating content that aims to target relevant long tail keywords. These advantages include:
- Useful content- content marketing should meet the needs and requirements of the intended audience, and this is exactly what content that is created for long tail keywords aims to do. As a result, you will create content that adds real value to your website users, and this can ultimately lead to more sales and sign ups.
- Improved SEO- creating content for relevant long tail keywords will often mean that your content has less competition, and less top quality content to contend against. This means that your content will be more likely to land a higher ranking position, or maybe even multiple ranking positions for different relevant content. This increases not only brand awareness but also can increase the amount of organic traffic directed to your website.
For more information or advice, or for professional web marketing and social media marketing, get in touch with the team today, here at Pumpkin Web Design.