Here at Pumpkin Web Design, we are Preston’s leading web design and content marketing professionals. We provide valuable web design, SEO, and marketing solutions to a range of clients, across the North West, including Southport and Wigan, as well as Manchester. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about creating a seasonal content strategy.
What are the advantages of seasonal content?
First of all, why do companies go for seasonal content? What are the advantages? Well, creating a seasonal content strategy can:
- Keep your company relevant-
- if your business uses social media, your posts may look out of place and irrelevant, if they don’t mention the season in a considered and careful way. Seasonal content is highly relevant to your audience, so adding some thoughtful seasonal content can add value.
- Gives your content context-
- seasons like Christmas generate a lot of hype. So place your content within this hype and create practical, shareable seasonal content, relevant to what you can offer customers.
- Keep your content up to date-
- if your business doesn’t produce seasonal content, and your competitors do, you will not only lose customers, but look like you don’t keep updated.
Important tips for creating a seasonal content strategy
As you can see, seasonal content can be good for business, especially online. But how can you go about making sure this content is relevant and suitable? Well, here are some ideas for using seasonal content:
- Keep it focused on your customers-
- whatever your business, it is guaranteed to alter in some way around Christmas. If you are a local garage, windscreen frost care becomes important. If you are a local plumber, people need to know about frozen pipes. If you sell kitchens, no room is more important at Christmas time. Your customers aren’t visiting your social media or website for generalized Christmas information, they are interested in your business. All you need to do is provide original, relevant information, with a winter slant.
- Get your timing right-
- seasonal content is just that, seasonal. No brand wants to be too early, or too late. So make sure you keep an eye on your competitors, and the bigger companies, to judge the start of the season.
For more information or advice about content marketing, contact the professionals today, here at Pumpkin Web Design.
Why not join us on instagram to see what we really get up to...