Here at Pumpkin Web Design, we are Preston’s leading web design and web marketing professionals. We work across Preston, and the North West, including Southport and Wigan, as well as Manchester, to provide valuable web design, SEO, and web marketing solutions to a range of clients. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about the effective SEO options for travel and tourism.
What are the effective SEO options for travel and tourism?
For tourism brands, securing attention and traffic from the Search Engine Results Page (SERP) is essential, and quite difficult. There tends to be a lot of competition for keywords in the tourism industry, and to secure your online success, you will need to take into account a number of SEO options, to help your business come out on top. These SEO options include:
- Extensive keyword research
- Quality content marketing
- Image optimisation
Extensive keyword research to boost SEO
For any company, in any industry, targeting the right keywords is an essential SEO consideration for long term success. However, for companies in the travel and tourism industry, this can be even more important. Ensuring that your keywords are specific and not vague can help you create detailed and helpful content that can be useful for your audience, but this also needs to be relevant to your brand. At the same time, broader keywords can also play a role in SEO for travel and tourism brands. As such, some effective keyword options can include:
- Activity based keywords, e.g, Things to do in (place), or child friendly activities in (place)- these are fairly broad keywords, providing a range of details about the different attractions in the area. This type of content is perfect when you want to appeal to a larger number of people, and you aren’t quite sure of the specific interests of your audience.
- Solution focused keywords, e.g, Experience the Northern Lights in January, or explore the literary sites of London with a tour guide- these are niche, more specific keywords that can target a different audience, one that knows exactly what they are looking for.
Quality content marketing for tourism brands
Once you have established the keywords and the types of keywords that will be beneficial for your individual company, inside the travel and tourism umbrella, you should aim to create content around these. It is essential that this content is good quality, not only to ensure a higher ranking position, but also to add value for your potential customers or clients. After all, the content that best resolves their query, or provides the most relevant information, is much more likely to build trust with the reader, and secure an increase in bookings or sales.
Image optimisation for travel and tourism
Finally, for your website to be more likely to rank highly, you will need to optimise the images. This means:
- Compressing the images to reduce file size, without compromising image quality. This can also help towards increasing the load speed of your website, so that your website loads faster, which can be another ranking factor.
- Responsive design for your images. This can help to ensure that your website looks great on all devices and screen sizes as the images will be sized properly.
- Choosing high quality images relevant to your company or destinations can allow your content to grab more attention and stand out. By completing the image alt tags and information, you can also ensure that these images will be displayed as part of the image search results.
For more information and advice about web marketing, SEO and website design, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design.