When it comes to SEO practices, we are the experts here at Pumpkin Web Design. From creating stunning, and fully optimised websites, to providing ongoing SEO and content marketing support, we provide a wide range of SEO services across Preston and the North West, from Southport to Wigan, and even Manchester. As a result, we are always up to date with the latest trends and developments, and this is our guide to the top SEO practices for businesses and companies in 2022.
Top SEO practices for businesses and companies in 2022
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) practices are always changing and developing, as leading search engines constantly update and change the goalposts. So if you want to make sure your company comes out on top, you need to know exactly how to make changes to your website, and your content to stay ahead of the game. The top SEO practices for businesses and companies in 2020, will include:
- voice search optimization
- video optimization
Voice search optimisation
Throughout 2021, we have seen a lot of growth and development in this field, as predicted. 2022 will undoubtedly follow suit, as voice search has progressed exponentially this year. In fact, these statistics set the scene:
- during 2020 50% of all search will be voice search
- People age 24 and under are 33% more likely to use voice search in public
- 70% of people think voice search is fast and easy
- 70% of people prefer voice search to typing
So if voice search is here to stay, what does this mean for your content? Well, you will need to optimise all content to be suitable for voice answers. This will involve:
- switching to long tail keywords instead of short ones, preferably question based for the curious searcher
- providing a short and simple answer to the question you are seeking to answer, that can then be summarized by smart speakers to provide an effective answer
- make sure your website is ready for mobile first indexing, as many voice users are using mobile devices to search
Just like voice search, video optimisaton shouldn’t come as a shock to the savvy internet user. More and more content online is available in a video format. Video is easier to understand and digest, and much more captivating than text based content. But, video content also needs to be optimised, just like written content. And many companies are forgetting this simple step. Optimising your video content will help it rank for relevant searches, and will make sure your video is noticed by viewers. So you will need to consider:
- using a title for the video that includes the keyword or phrase
- filling in the alt tag with the relevant keyword
- using relevant keywords in the video description, but also making sure this makes sense
- linking the video back to your website with a clickable button
For more information about SEO practices in the New Year, and how to make sure your company succeeds, get in touch with the experts here at Pumpkin Web Design.
Why not join us on instagram to see what we really get up to...