For any business or company looking to make a real impact online this year, creating content is one of the most important things to take into account. Alongside of course high quality SEO strategies on and off page, as well as social media marketing. As part of this, attention grabbing headlines can be a crucial component. But how important are quality headlines? And how can your company be sure to create great headlines in 2020? Well, here at Pumpkin Web Design, we are Preston’s leading web design and web marketing experts. And we work with companies across the North West, from Southport to Wigan, and even Manchester. to deliver web marketing solutions that really work. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about the role of headlines, and what makes an effective headline.
How important is a great headline?
So, first of all, why is it so important to create a great headline? Well, there are a number of advantages to effective headlines, including:
- Improving SEO for your content- the headline for your new blog post or article can be essential for your search engine optimisation (SEO) strategy. This is because a quality headline uses the perfect keyword combination to make sure that your article or blog lands a top result in the search engine results page (SERP). And once on the SERP, the headline, alongside the snippet of text, is all that your potential customers can use to decide whether or not to click on the article. A great headline will typically result in more clicks and this can increase sales or sign ups.
- Grabbing attention- the role of the headline is to grab attention, and in the online world, to generate traffic to your website. Writing a great piece of content doesn’t mean much if it is never seen or read. And its the role of the headline to make sure that potential customers click back onto your website. This means that with a great headline, you can promote your content on social media platforms, and be sure to generate website traffic too.
How to create great headlines in 2020
So how can you be sure to create headlines that will bring success in this upcoming year? Well, there are several things you can consider, including:
- Choosing the right keywords- keywords in your headline are crucial for generating the right attention. Make sure you choose keywords that people are actually searching for, and that your headline demonstrates relevant knowledge and insight about the content of the piece.
- Make use of statistics- statistics in a headline can draw more attention than a plain headline title. This is because the statistic generates interest and intrigue for users and potential customers, who might like to know more details or information.
- Use a question- headlines that are also questions tend to perform well, especially for voice search queries that are nearly always in the form of a question. If you choose this option, make sure that your content actually answers the question.
For more information about professional web marketing, get in touch with the team today, here at Pumpkin Web Design.