Here at Pumpkin Web Design, we are Preston’s leading web design and web marketing professionals. We work across Preston, and the North West, including Southport and Wigan, as well as Manchester, to provide valuable web design, SEO, and web marketing solutions to a range of clients. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about recognising the different keyword opportunities for SMB SEO.
Identifying different keyword opportunities for SMB SEO
Keyword research is a big part of an effective SEO as this can help you generate content that will be relevant to potential customers or clients, as well as promoting your business online. However, some companies, particularly SMBs, are missing out on keyword opportunities. These include:
- Identifying emerging search trends- Intent-based keywords at each stage of the consumer journey, from initial research and questions to looking to buy, can be incredibly useful to promote your business at all levels of the consumer journey, and help to drive more traffic to the website. However, these can be changing and it’s important that you stay on top of emerging trends here so that you can make small changes and adjustments to your content marketing strategy, and help to stay on top of your SEO.
- Looking at search volume- If you are auditing your keywords and are looking to make changes, be sure to take the search volume into account. This is something that can be easily missed, in favour of analysing search position. However, the search volume should be used to indicate how worthwhile it will be to pursue the higher ranking position, and how useful this keyword will be to your SEO efforts. As such, using the search volume as a factor can provide additional keyword opportunities for your company to explore.
- Identifying second page search results- Another keyword opportunity that you might be overlooking when analysing your existing keyword performance are the second page search results. If you are ranking for some search results on the second page it can be a good idea to improve the content and optimise to nudge these results to the first page.
What are the advantages of recognising different keyword opportunities?
There are a number of advantages and benefits to recognising different keyword opportunities and these include:
- Reaching more people- By identifying possible keyword opportunities you should be able to reach a wider audience and this can drive more traffic to your website. Not only can this help improve brand recognition, but it can also help to improve sales and sign ups.
- Maximising keyword potential- By identifying missed keyword opportunities, and creating content for this, where relevant, you can increase the number of keywords that your company is ranking for, and really maximise the keyword potential around a particular topic.
- Improving SEO in general- Utilising all of the relevant keywords appropriate for your company can help to improve the SEO of your overall website by providing further opportunities to rive organic traffic to your website.
For more information and advice about web marketing, SEO and website design, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design.