For many companies and businesses across the UK, Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is an important part of the digital budget. But if this budget is small, some companies feel that the money will not be a worthwhile investment, and instead neglect any SEO tasks altogether. But this is a mistake. SEO can be carried out at any budget level, and effective strategies can be a great use of your time, and limited resources. So what are the key considerations for managing a low budget SEO strategy? Well, here at Pumpkin Web Design, we are Preston’s leading web design and web marketing professionals. We provide valuable web design, SEO, and marketing solutions to a range of clients, across the North West, including Southport and Wigan, as well as Manchester. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about implementing an SEO strategy on a low or restricted budget.
Considerations for managing a low budget SEO strategy
To make sure you use your time, and invest your money, most effectively in terms of SEO, you should consider:
- Filling the gaps left by the reduction in available funds
- Devise strategies that work to your strengths
- Focus on the most important aims or goals
Filling the gaps left by the reduction in available funds
If your budget is small, you’ll quickly notice that there are some gaps that appear in your SEO strategy. This can include:
- Access to SEO and analysis tools- the best tools cost money, even a small amount. But if your budget wont allow it, check out the free tools available to help you access at least some of the important details. Bear in mind, this will usually mean a heavier time investment, as the free tools require a lot more manual effort to get the best results.
- Refresh old content- if you cant afford to pay for additional content marketing, as well as SEO on your tight budget, why not simply rewrite or refresh old content instead? This is something you could do in house, to keep the costs down, while also improving your backlog of professional, relevant content.
Devise strategies that work to your strengths
When the budget is tight, aim to divide tasks between your team that will play to their strengths. For example, content writing and social media might be a doddle to some team members, who also may struggle with the technical or off page aspects of SEO. With more manual work to do, because of a lack of funds for automation and other perks, working to your employees strengths is a good way to boost morale and stay on track. This can also help increase positivity and productivity.
Focus on the most important aims or goals
On a small budget, you really need to focus on the key aims or goals, instead of aiming to achieve everything. With less money, you will struggle to achieve multiple aims, and will be more successful with one or two small, manageable targets.
For more information and advice about web marketing, get in touch with the experts today, here at Pumpkin Web Design.
Why not join us on instagram to see what we really get up to...