Content emerges in many different formats. From video and graphics, to articles and lists. But is there a format that works best? And how should you decide which format to use? Here at Pumpkin Web Design we are SEO and content specialists. As a result, we have produced this guide to highly ranked content types.
The top five:
- Blog posts. Many companies use blog posts as a way to gain an online community. Also, blog posts provide content that can be shared on social media, increasing the company presence.
- Short-form evergreen content. This is content that is not too long in length, but most importantly, is content that won’t go out of date. At least not in the short term anyway. This content is great for companies to provide advice articles and tips.
- Long-form articles. These are much longer, more in-depth, or more technical articles. Although these appeal to a smaller audience, the quality allows it to rank highly. This is perfect for companies wanting to publish more in depth content.
- Photo and visual galleries. Who doesn’t love a photo gallery? No reading at all. They also lend themselves perfectly to mobile viewing. This is great for companies with a lot of photos about the services they provide.
- Information-rich lists. Lists can be interactive, slideshow style, or simple content. Either way, they are ranking highly. Lists are also popular across all demographics. As a result, lists are great for companies with product reviews.
And the rest..
- Interactive tools and content
- Comprehensive category landers
- Multi-page guides,
- Data or complex information that is visualized
Content types are important. They determine the length of time a viewer will remain engaged with your website, as well as website SEO. For professional help and support with content or SEO, contact us at Pumpkin Web Design today.