Content marketing is a key component of success for any business aiming to grow online. And this involves not only creating high quality, effective content, but also distributing this successfully as well. From video content to written articles and blogs, email newsletters to podcasts there are a huge number of content types to choose from, that can each bring visitors and interest to your website. Infographics are another effective option, but these are often overlooked, to the detriment of your content marketing strategy. So, what are the advantages of infographics for content marketing? And how can you use these effectively? Well, here at Pumpkin Web Design, we are Preston’s leading web design and web marketing professionals. We provide valuable web design, SEO, and content marketing solutions to a range of clients, across the North West, including Southport and Wigan, as well as Manchester. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about the benefits of infographics.
What are infographics?
So, first of all, what exactly are infographics? Well, these are visual representations of data, statistics or information. The content is displayed visually, so that it can easily be understood, digested and compared, to help inform your users more efficiently. These are often used to accompany a written blog piece, or an article, or are sometimes simply published alone.
Advantages of infographics for content marketing
Infographics can be a great addition to any content marketing strategy, for a number of reasons. These include:
- Grabbing attention- because infographics represent data visually, your audience will automatically be attracted to it. This means that an infographic on social media for example, may attract more attention than a link or standard image. And it also means that when used as part of blog content, the infographic can help to draw attention down the page, and keep users interested for longer.
- Easy to understand- whether you’re talking about cleanliness and hygiene, or cyber attacks on SMBs, an infographic can be the best and most effective way to get your message across. Not only do they attract more attention, but they also show the message in a visual way, that is much easier to understand and comprehend. In fact, this can really help your website users understand any important message you are trying to send.
- Multi-platform use- creating an infographic can help provide content for a range of platforms, especially social media. You can upload each section, and the whole thing, as a series of instagram stories. Or use the infographic to generate conversation on your businesses facebook page. Either way, an infographic is more helpful than text alone, and more appealing across a range of platforms.
Tips for effective infographic creation
To make sure your infographics will be effective and successful, consider:
- Responsive design- if your infographic is to be used on social media, or your website, you will need to consider responsive design, and making sure that this will be easy to see and read on all platforms and devices, regardless of screen size.
- Company branding- as with every other piece of content your company produces, company branding should be an important consideration. Use company colours, and your company logo, so that this piece of content will be recognizable anywhere, across all platforms.
For more information or for professional web design and web marketing support, get in touch with the team today, here at Pumpkin Web Design.