Here at Pumpkin Web Design in Preston, we provide amazing web design, with web marketing and SEO solutions, across a range of locations. From Blackburn to Southport and everywhere in between, we work with local businesses to create a full web package that will bring results. This includes local SEO. But, why do small businesses need to consider SEO? And how can a website help boost sales? To answer these questions, we have produced this guide to local SEO for small businesses.
What is local SEO for small businesses?
Local SEO involves optimizing your content and online presence to target local search queries relevant to your business. For example, if you are a local mechanic, it makes sense that you will need to draw in customers from your local area. In fact, this can be crucial for attracting customers, as more people than ever before are taking to Google before setting off to a shop or local amenity. This means that if your website doesn’t place highly for relevant searches in the area, you will lose out.
Both on and off page search engine optimisation strategies can help boost your search engine results page rankings, while also attracting website traffic.
What is on page SEO for local businesses?
On page search engine optimisation basically refers to everything you do on your website to make sure Google will pick it up. Some great on page SEO strategies for local businesses include:
- using a local keyword in a few of your blog post titles
- using an effective internal structure to organise your website and link to important pages
- placing your physical address details in the page footer so that they are visible on each page and customers know where to find you
- making sure your contact details are clearly visible on each page
What is off page SEO for local businesses?
Everything that you do for your business online, that isnt a direct part of your website, is known as off page SEO. This can be just as effective for helping your website attract traffic and achieve success. Some strategies for off page SEO for local businesses include:
- creating a “Google My Business” profile
- creating and maintaining profiles on all major directories including yelp, yellow pages, and Google+
- making the local news as stories they publish about your business will improve your websites visibility on the search engine results page.
If you need professional support, creating a well structured website geared for local SEO, get in touch with the experts at Pumpkin Web Design today, here in Preston.