Once your incredible new website is launched, it can be easy to think that the hard work is over. However, a website won’t simply attract customers on its own. This is where web marketing and SEO come into play. But keeping your finger on the ball, and measuring your websites success can be tricky. Here at Pumpkin Web Design, we are Preston’s leading web marketing experts. As a result, we have produced this guide to web marketing metrics for success.
Channel Centric and Content Centric metrics
These metrics relate to different parts of your marketing plan, but they both should be working together in unison.
Channel centric metrics help you to measure the success of different channels you use to bring people to use your website, and convert them to paying customers.
Content centric metrics help you to establish the effective content types that are driving sales.
Channel Centric metrics:
There are many website analytic tools that can help you examine your channel centric metics. What you can measure with channel centric metrics include:
- the amount of visitors to your website
- referrers (how did these visitors get to your site- email, social media etc)
- conversion ratios (how many viewers turned into customers)
- social media responses (are people clicking on your post and being taken to your articles and content)
- video engagement (how many people watched your video content)
How does this help?
Once you understand which channels are driving business to your website, you can begin to focus your marketing strategy on honing in on these channels to create more interest.
In addition, you can examine the strategies that actually worked across different channels, and aim to replicate this with channels that are not performing as effectively.
Content Centric metrics:
The content centric metrics refer to:
- The amount of visitors to your specific content page
- If you know how many people are visiting the content, you can tell which topics are most popular.
- The lead rate
- Looking at how many people follow the call to action in your content pages and begin to look at products or services
- The customer rate
- Looking at how many of the lead rate viewers turn into paying customers.
There are many web marketing metrics for success. Both channel centric and content centric metrics can provide a wealth of information. If you need professional support, or would like to boost your websites success, contact us at Pumpkin Web Design today. Or call in and visit us at our Preston office, just through Miller Arcade.
Why not join us on instagram to see what we really get up to...