If you really want your company or business to succeed online, then you need to pay attention to the web marketing statistics. These help reveal behavioural trends of consumers, techniques of competitors, and real evidence for good practice. Remember, your website is all about conversions. Here at Pumpkin Web Design, we are web marketing experts. As a result, we have produced this guide to web marketing statistics for success online.
Web marketing statistics can be split in several areas. These include Search Engine Optimistation (SEO), content marketing, and social media.
SEO statistics for web marketing success
To really optimise your website for sales, you need to know how your customers are engaging with search engines. Here are some statistics you need to know:
- 50% of consumer searches are 4 words or longer (Wordstream, 2016). This is great news for the long tailed keyword and means that content should be made more specific.
- 72% of digital marketers think that unique content creation is the most effective SEO tactic (Ascend2, 2015). Why ignore such a large group? Make sure your content is up to scratch.
- The number one ranking result on Google has a 34.4% click-through rate (Advanced Web Ranking, 2015). This is the place all digital marketers want to occupy and are competing for.
Content statistics for web marketing success
To improve your content marketing, you need to check out relevant statistics.
- 1 in 10 blog posts are compounding. This means that organic searches can increase traffic to the website over time (HubSpot, 2016). As a result, you may think that producing content isn’t having much of an effect, but that effect will be long lasting.
- 47% of customers viewed between 3 and 5 pieces of content before conversion (Demand Gen Report, 2016). Make sure you have valuable content to help your consumers make up their mind.
Social media statistics for web marketing success
- Content consumption on Facebook has increased 57%. (HubSpot, 2016). As a result, people are more likely to read content shared on social media.
- 90% of all marketers feel that social media has generated more exposure for their businesses (Social Media Examiner, 2015). If you aren’t already using social media, you need to for the success of your company.
There are many statistics for web marketing success. Understanding these can help you unlock your online potential. For expert advice or support, contact us at Pumpkin Web Design today.
Why not join us on instagram to see what we really get up to...